Time

California Iowa Washington Jeddah

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lots To Do

Well I know its been a bit since my last post, time really gets away when you get busy.  Lets see we are getting the house ready to go on to the market.  Selling our house is our biggest worry right now.  Not really a good time to try to sell.  Anyway, I tiled the bathroom.  First time event for me.  All in all I think it turned out pretty good.  Lets see, umm this next update requires a little history ... when I was in the army I lost part of my right middle finger to a car door.  I lost about a half an inch, pretty much down to where the fingernail starts.  But, I don't think the doctor got all the nail bed out because it kept getting infected and cleared up over and over again... after about 15 years, my wife got tired of me complaining about it and made me go to the doctor and get it checked out.  Well I procrastinated to long and an infection developed in the bone... So now I'm down to the first knuckle (from the end, still have the majority of my finger).  The good doctor at the VA did a fine job and I'm sure it will quit hurting when the pain goes away.

Okay well that leave the kitchen tile, yeah we hired a contractor to take care of that.  All the tire has been laid today and it looks really good.  Tomorrow he'll get it grouted and put all the appliances back.  We have lots of little things to do to finish getting the house ready.  Tomorrow I'll be giving my notice at work, it should not be much of a big deal since I'm already in the government it will be more of a transfer than quitting one job and starting a new one.

Lets see, lots of paper work to fill out, nothing new there.  It's pretty exciting and stressful.  I love moving, but hate the process of moving.  But we are going to take this opportunity to scale back on our worldly possessions and donate the rest to charity.  You know "I's" are really hard to type... gonna have to get used to that again.  Stitches come out on St. Patrick's Day, so stitches out then Green Beer!

Okay,  this is starting to feel like random thoughts streaming out so I'm gonna wrap this up for tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Are you worried any about the government shutdown and how it will affect you? Were you satified with the salary offered you? I am in my FRP and am interested to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not worried about a government shutdown. None of the politicians want to see that happen. I think there will be another continuing resolution or two, and then they will come up with a budget with substantial cuts in it. As long as I can remember during my time with the USDA, they rarely finish a budget on time, we usually run under a CR for the first quarter or two. There is much news around it this time because of the large cuts that are wanted.
    As for my offer, I am happy with it. Having said that, my salary determination was easy for them because I am in the government and currently doing same/similar work that I will be doing with DoS. Having said that, I still am taking a small pay cut in my base salary. If you have other questions feel free to email me at mwalls88 at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete