Time

California Iowa Washington Jeddah

Thursday, March 17, 2011

From the wifes view

My husband says that I should post something on the blog about how our journey with the State Department is beginning. Only I tell him that there isn’t much say since we really don’t know anything except when he is leaving. I have to admit though he has made me a little batty with the process and waiting to see if he’s on the list and where. But you know I spent all of my adult life (with the exception of about 1 year) from the time I was 15 years old as a military dependant. I have to tell you when Mike got out of the Army going on 9 years ago, I hated it. I decided that civilian life was not for me. But I will say that I have learned to adjust and try to make the best of it. We have made some very good friends and I have had the opportunity be around my family for a while; which is overrated, teasing. So when Mike went and did the interview and we all did the medical clearance and getting rated and where you are on the list really brings back my memories of the military life style “hurry up and wait”. I have to say that I enjoyed the life style the moving around meeting new people, which turn out to be friends for life, and see different places. I have also forgotten about the living with the unknown, when you leaving, where you going, when you coming back? All those questions that get asked and all you can say is: I don’t know. So I am very much looking forward to this new chapter of our life. I hope to go many places and see many things.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are going to enjoy the adventure! Welcome to the trailing souse club. Maybe someday they will come up with a better term for us.

    ReplyDelete