Time

California Iowa Washington Jeddah

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Slight Delay . . .

Well I'm going to have to update my time line...

Due to something beyond my control, it turns out my packet wasn't submitted to FRP when I had thought.  On my latest call to check on the status I was informed that HR had not received my clearance verification and had not sent my packet to the FRP.  So, looks like my packet will be submitted on Monday 2/7 if it didn't go on Friday. 

Looks like I have to wait a couple more weeks before I find out if I made it and where on the Register I will be.  I did verify my disabled veteran points have been added and their are currently 14 people on the Register. 

I have to admit I was a little frustrated at the delay.  But, after pondering on things for a day I realize that HR is working on a great number of applications.  Being in the Government now, I can relate to the "do more with fewer resources" and I know they are doing the best they can with the resources they have.  So I have come to terms with the delay and I am still greatly anticipating the results. 

So has anyone else experienced a delay or setback in their process?

7 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. Did they say why your package wasn't sent to FRP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They said they were not notified that the clearance was granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I sent an email to my HR rep as soon as my clearance was granted...I just hope she got the file and was able to give it to FRP.

    GOOD LUCK! At least now you know it is definitely in FRP. = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That happened to me too! My clearance was granted on 12/22 but didn't make it to FRP until 1/5/11 (I think). I emailed someone and they told me that I didn't have a clearance, and I forwarded an email showing that I had a clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is not helping the neurotic...I really really hope my file is really in FRP. Otherwise...I cry. = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean. It's a little frustrating, but I'd say just be diligent with your follow ups and things will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have mentally my follow up for tomorrow. One week after being cleared and notifying my HR person that I have everything. Wish me luck.

    And GOOD LUCK!!! I feel your pain and I hope you get the call soon.

    ReplyDelete