Time

California Iowa Washington Jeddah

Saturday, April 30, 2011

One Week Down

Well it's been a full first week of orientation.  Learning a lot about the State Department and the Foreign Service.  I'm stoked to be part of an organizations that does so much good in the World.  I've got some incredible class mates, many who already have embassy and/or overseas experience.  We've had presenters from different levels at the State Department and have gleened a little insight into what they do and how it supports the Mission abroad.  I got my bid list, sorry can't disclose the details, but I'm excited about the possible locations me and the family will be heading to.

Today is laundry day, I really miss my laundry fairy...

Also there are a few of us heading to the Mall and the National Holocaust Museum.  Since we are here we want to take in as much of the local history and culture we can.  This is a practice we plan on following where ever we wind up calling home. 

Time to check the "whites"

2 comments:

  1. = )

    I am going to have to track you down and ask you where you think you are going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete