Time

California Iowa Washington Jeddah

Monday, April 18, 2011

Getting closer

For the past nine years (give or take) I have been with the USDA in Ames, IA.  I have had the opportunity to meet and work with many different people, not just in Iowa but in other locations as well.  Many of the people I have met and worked with have developed into meaningful friendships that I believe will last.  I will truly miss my coworkers.  We’ve had some really good times over the past nine years. But alas, it is time to move on and make new friends and have new adventures and new work.  Officially, my last work day is Friday, but I will be on leave Wednesday through Friday so tomorrow is my last day actually in the office.  Exit interviews packing up my desk, turning in electronics and saying my “See you later” and “Take Care” etc…
On the home side of things is our Church Family.  There too I have had the opportunity to forge some great friendships.  And the number of people that have offered to help the wife while I’m in training is really a blessing.  I will definitely miss our extended family.
Okay past the sentimental stuff.  I am really looking forward to getting out to DC and starting this new career.  There’s a flurry of other emotions, anxious, excited, worried, happy, and probably a few others I can’t identify.  It will also be nice to put some faces to the emails and blogs that are out there.
Guess I should start getting my suitcases ready…

No comments:

Post a Comment