Time

California Iowa Washington Jeddah

Monday, August 1, 2011

Time goes by fast...

Time really does get away from you when you are at training...  I've had a few requests asking what type of training I am actually doing.  Well to be on the safe side, its mostly IT realated with a dash of other courses teaching the ins and outs of what I'll be doing at post.  I'd say its kinda like college.  It's not gonna teach you everything you need to know when you get a job, but you get a broad base and understanding of how things are done. 

I know there is a new class starting in a couple of weeks if any readers are in that class feel free to drop me a line and I'll answer any questions you got.

So back to me and the family... Oh yeah the family is finally here!  Since my last posting I have had my wife visit me here, I've flown home and had a nice going away BBQ (Thanks for everyone that came).  We packed out our house and the family, as I said, has moved out here.  I moved from my studio appartment to a larger one and my mom is out visiting for the weekend.  This past weekend we did a whirl-wind tour of the Mall and some of the Smithsonian museums, lots of walking in the heat, so feeling kinda worn out now.  I'm starting to look forward to the 10 hour flight to Moscow so I can get a good nap in.

Training is coming to an end only a few weeks left.  I've applied for all our Visas for Russia.  I've heard some horror stories about the time it takes for those to come back, some it the several months time frame.  So hopefully we will be on the shorter end of a week or two.

Well class is about to start, better pay attention.

Do svidaniya!

No comments:

Post a Comment