Time

California Iowa Washington Jeddah

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Short Trip to Brussels

So I had a bit of training and a little vacation time in Brussels.  Unfortunately the girls couldn't make it along, so I took one for the team and went alone :(

Training went really well, lots of good information and some good networking.  The best part of the trip was a chance to see an old friend and army buddy.  We were stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC, Ft. Polk, LA and did a tour in Bosnia together.  He and his wife are the ones that taught us how to play bridge and it's bee about 12 years since we've last seen each other.  I wish I had more time to catch up with them.  But hopefully they can make it out to Paris when we go on R&R.

So of course this usually tends to be a photo blog so here are some of the pictures. The full set can be found HERE.
 Of course I had to go to some local brew houses.










Cheers Brian!












So you did scroll all the way down to see what was next.  Congratulations your the 3 individual to do so. Not really... you're probably the first...

Anyway so when I get into the airport back in Jeddah, I call Jolene and she says she's at the Marine house for a going away party and that I should come over to the consulate to partake.  So being one to always want to support our Marines I do the right thing and go to the party... Yeah I know how that sounds. Anyways it turned into a very long day since I was up at 4am to get ready and catch my flight which landed at 7:30 pm.  I finally made it home around 1:30 am.  And we had a great time.  Though we didn't get up and dance on the bar, others did.



And to finish off our weekend one of our British friends had a birthday so we went over to their place and had a small get together and an excellent cheese cake.

So now I'm home fat and happy (literally to both :\ )  Tomorrow is the first day of the work week and after being gone for a week I'm sure I'll have plenty to do.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment