Time

California Iowa Washington Jeddah

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cross Country Skiing

So with the winter upon us and hopefully on the downward side, I've taken up cross country skiing.  It was a little rough at first.  It's amazing how hard the ground is even covered with snow.  But with a few trips out I can usually manage to stay upright.  Once I figured out the correct way to ski, (thanks youtube.com) it is quite enjoyable.  I can cover a lot of ground, take in the scenery and still get a decent workout.  I must say after the first couple times out, I had muscles hurting that hadn't been sore since I was in the Army.

Well this most recent trip out I thought I would go ski the canal.  There are paths along the side and well the canal is frozen about 6" down with another 6 inches of snow on top.  Plenty solid for skiing or sledding or ice fishing as you can see in these pictures.


Here is the canal not frozen




No comments:

Post a Comment