Time

California Iowa Washington Jeddah

Monday, September 16, 2013

Our First Shipment

Okay we finally received our UAB (Unaccompanied Air Baggage).  This shipment is about 600 pounds of the things we wanted initially.  So far we have one casualty.  My computer :'(  Because the shipment sat for about a month in the Saudi heat, the capacitors on the motherboard swelled and rendered the computer DOA.  So my computer is dead...Hopefully when the others arrive, I will be able to recover the data and get my stuff back.  And I hope the x-box is okay, I'll power that up later and check it out.  Fingers crossed!

Okay enough of me venting, it's really nice to have some of our own dishes, utensils and things around.  It's starting to feel like our home again.  Jolene said it felt like Christmas, and we got five boxes from Amazon today to so "Bonus!".  Lots of coffee for our Keurig and some new shoes for Jolene.  Well time to get ready for tomorrow

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment