Time

California Iowa Washington Jeddah

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Beach and Balls

So today we made it out to the Silver Sands beach and it was just beautiful.  Two thumbs up for me.  Crystal said it was like paradise, a place where she could where her bikini.  Jolene and I think the beach is "Travel Magazine Ready"  Something like you will see in resort adds in travel magazine.  No for those of you that know the Silver Sands in NY, yeah this is much better.  Today is an American holiday, but not for the locals so it was a perfect time to go to the beach.  We pretty much had the place to ourselves, me Jolene, Boo and one of the Marines, which I think we are adopting.  Crystal will have another big brother.... I think we'll get one at each post to help keep an eye on her.

So here are the pictures that I took with my iPhone.  I'm sure Jolene will be uploading some to Facebook too.  We did swim out to the island and found a crab on the rocks.  It was perfectly intact but dead and all red.  Honestly it looks like it climbed out on the rock and cooked right there






So the other part of the title... Balls....I'm sure you're wondering where that is relevant.  Well a friend of a friend came back from Turkey and brought some gum back with them.  It is supposed to be extra sour, but I only thought it was fruity.  It was kinda like Double Bubble in that it was good for about 30 seconds then you are ready to spit it out.  So here is the gum...



I thought it was funny as hell.  So what else, we are settling into work, Jolene is trying to update things in her job, I'm cruising along and Crystal is off for yet one more week, but we will make a trip into the school sometime this week to get her new school uniforms.  Picture to be posted later.

We went to a dinner party with another consulate family and two families that live here, one from England and the other guy is from Chicago and his wife is from Iraq.  She made authentic Iraqi cuisine and it was awesome.  I don't even know the name of the dishes but they were great, and then she made this Turkish desert that was, well awesome too.  No idea what it was called, I know it have pine nuts in it and ice cream and sugar and something else that had a grainy texture.  No pictures of the dessert, but Jolene got pictures of the table before we ate so look for those on FB.

Cheers for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment